Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Allergy Eliminiation Challenge- Day 3

Let me take a moment to say that this is my third, I repeat, THIRD day without any coffee. I was really concerned that I would have headaches and severe crankieness, but I'm doing great! I am still drinking a few cups of green tea, but that's it for caffeine. Here are a few more recipes to get you through your mid-week slump!

Day Three Menu
Breakfast
Red potato skillet fries and onions
Papaya with lime

Lunch
Tuna salad (no mayo) on kale
Rice crackers
Watermelon

Dinner
Quinoa and squash cakes
Kale, carrot and avocado salad
Jasmine brown rice

Coconut Banana Bars
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup arrowroot
1/2 cup potato flour
1/2 cup unsweetened ground coconut 
3 TSP baking soda
1 TBS cinnamon
1 TSP nutmeg 2 tbs ground flax seed, plus 4 tbs water (substitute 2 eggs if you don't have flax) 
3 bananas mashed
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup dark agave nectar
3/4 cup brown rice syrup 
3 TBS apple juice

Combine all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients and blend until mostly smooth. Beat together dry and wet ingredients, careful not to over-beat. Bake in greased, floured pan at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes. These coconut banana bars are moist and delicious! They're a perfect breakfast on the go, or can even be dessert. Yum! 

Here are some recipes I'm scoping out for the next few weeks!
Garlic Zucchini Salad
Amaranth Breakfast Porridge
Creamy Avocado Potato Salad
Strawberry Mango Salsa
Parsnip Chips
Millet Cake

No comments: