Thursday, June 6, 2013

Allergy Elimination Challenge- Day 4

Today I tried amaranth for breakfast, and I have to say, I'm not a huge fan. Of all the grains I'm eating- millet, quinoa, buckwheat, and amaranth- it's my least favorite. That said, I have about three more cups of it to use up, so I'll be searching for tasty amaranth recipes. This Saturday will be another fun challenge as we're having friends over for dinner! They're vegan so we'll be making a meal that is vegan and allergy-free. I foresee quinoa and plenty of veggies!

On day four I can't say that my tummy troubles are 100% healed, but I can say that I have more energy and am generally feeling great! If we feel this much better after only a few days, I can't wait to see how we feel in a few weeks!

Day Four Menu
Breakfast
Amaranth porridge with banana and agave nectar
Fresh papaya

Lunch
Tuna on mixed greens
Rice crackers
Mango

Dinner 
Fish with broiled tomatoes  and herbs
Brown Rice
Steamed broccoli  

No comments: