Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Old fashioned gingerbread

Hello my darling dearests!
Here's what I made for dessert last night, old fashioned gingerbread! Yum! I've included the recipe below. Tonight was my knitting circle, a little bit of a small turnout but still substantial progress was made on the shawl I'm making for Joe's Grandma. I hope to finish it sometime in the next millennia. Also, this weekend (if the weather is nice) I'm going to be putting in my tea garden! Mint, chamomile, lemon balm and lavender. I can't wait! It's almost t-minus three weeks 'till vegetable garden planting. I'll post pictures of my broccoli and herbs later this week. Until then!

Old fashioned gingerbread
Here's what you need:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 sugar
1/2 dark molasses
1 cup coffee
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp ginger

Mix the oil, sugar, molasses, coffee and eggs until well combined. In a separate bowl sift together the dry goods and spices. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the sugar/molasses mix until your batter is nice and smooth. Bake for 40ish minutes at 300 degrees. Serve with whipped cream or powdered sugar. Yum! PS- Don't forget to grease and flour your pan!






3 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm loving your blog so far, Holly! I had no clue that you were such a fabulous cook. I mean, Joe has bragged, but obviously his bragging needs to step up. I'm definitely attempting to make this gingerbread.

Also, knitting circle? I wish I still lived in Tallahassee!

Holly said...

Yay! Thanks for reading! Well, the next time you're in Tallahassee for a Tuesday you should come knit! Or the next time I'm in Orlando we can start a new knitting circle, wow! :)

poncho said...

That gingerbread looks fabuloso! Your Mom must have taught you well! Love, Mom