Sunday, February 17, 2008

Joe's Jellyfish (Spring) Rolls

Hi hi hi!
Poor husband Joe has been grading speeches for 72 hours straight so I made him an afternoon snack to keep his head from exploding. Tasty spring rolls with green tea. I call them jellyfish rolls because Joe says the rice paper looks like, well, a jellyfish. Here's a quick how to for spring rolls.
You'll need:
Spring roll wrappers (the dry kind)
Pork/tofu/shrimp/whatever
Cabbage
Carrots
Green onions
Garlic
Ginger
Soy sauce
Sesame oil
You want all your ingredients to be slivered. Saute your meat/non-meat in a pan coated in sesame oil. Add your soy sauce (I don't measure this, but I guess it's about 2 tbs) veggies, garlic and ginger. I like the cabbage to be a little crunchy so I leave this for last. While your filling is getting nice and tasty, fill a bowl with hot water. You'll need to soak the wrappers in the hot water for about 30 seconds or until they're nice and easy to work with. Take the wrappers one at a time and add about 2 tbs of filling. I've taken pics of the wrapping process, but to summarize: your filling should be in a line near the bottom of the wrapper, fold over twice before folding in the sides. Fold over one (or two) more times. That's it! I served these with a nice cup of green tea and a little duck sauce. By the way, these are great for parties because you can make them way before hand.





1 comment:

shannie cakes said...

those look lovely. fancy running into you on here (:

give love to your husband from me. but not like husband wife love, cuz that would be weird. maybe a nice pat on the shoulder will do?